Yvette Hollingsworth Clark
Executive Vice President and Regulatory Innovation Officer within Wells Fargo’s Innovation Group
Yvette Hollingsworth Clark brings a global perspective and wealth of experience to the challenge of building best-in-class compliance frameworks for complex financial institutions.
Currently Executive Vice President and Regulatory Innovation Officer within Wells Fargo’s Innovation Group, Yvette is taking the lead in developing, integrating, and executing a risk management model for the unique environment of the Innovation Group—a catalyst for transformational change across the company. The new risk management model, developed in collaboration with Innovation R&D and other risk management groups across the enterprise, will help the company approach risk differently during early-stage product development.
As a member of the Wells Fargo Management Committee, Yvette worked closely with the CEO and other senior executives to develop business strategies that met goals for growth while complying with US and global regulatory requirements.
Previously Executive Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer at Wells Fargo, she held global responsibility for the corporate compliance function that provides independent oversight of compliance risk management throughout the worldwide enterprise.
Her influence and leadership within business and compliance realms have been recognized with notable awards. In 2016 and 2017 she was included in Black Enterprise’s Most Powerful Executives in Corporate America. In 2015, 2016 and 2017, she was recognized by American Banker on its “The 25 Women to Watch” list. In 2016, she was honored as one of the “Most Influential Women in Business” by the San Francisco Business Times. And in 2015, the San Francisco League of Women Voters named her one of the “Women Who Could be President.”
Yvette also holds or held leadership roles with several industry and nonprofit associations, including:
As a Board Director, she brings expertise in corporate governance, risk management, and regulatory compliance along with strengths in strategic planning and execution. Her successes in operational turnaround, enterprise framework restructuring, and global team management are valuable in helping organizations navigate risk, change, and growth.
Prior to joining Wells Fargo in 2012, Yvette held progressively challenging roles with Barclays Capital, culminating as Managing Director and Global Head of Operations Compliance, Financial Crime Risk Management. Previously she headed Citigroup’s Markets and Banking North American Anti-Money Laundering program and directed its Corporate Global Anti-Money Laundering monitoring, testing, and surveillance activities.
She began her career with the Federal Reserve Bank in New York and went on to hold supervisory and senior roles with the Federal Reserve System in Washington DC and in San Francisco.
Yvette holds an MBA, with a concentration in Financial Institutions and Markets, from Syracuse University. She earned a BS in Finance at SUNY Institute of Technology.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Golden Gate University;
- Member of the National Black MBA Association Advisory Council;
- Member of Executive Leadership Council, a preeminent organization for the development and support of leaders;
- Member of The Links, Incorporated, an international, nonprofit volunteer service organization committed to
- enriching and sustaining the cultural and economic survival of African Americans;
- Prior member of Board of Directors and Chair of Risk Management Committee of INROADS, a national nonprofit
- dedicated to helping diverse college students obtain internships within top corporations;
- Prior member of Board of Directors of the Museum of the African Diaspora, a San Francisco arts and cultural
- Prior member of Board of Directors of New York’s Gay Men’s Health Crisis, the world’s leading provider of HIV/AIDS
- prevention, care, and advocacy;
- Prior member of Federal Reserve Board of Governors Credit Union Supervisory Committee.