Yvette Hollingsworth Clark
Board Director, Expert in Compliance and Risk Management
Yvette began her career with the Federal Reserve before transitioning to corporate leadership roles with Citigroup, Barclays, and most recently Wells Fargo, where she was Executive Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer. With Wells Fargo, she spearheaded innovations in RegTech-supported risk management platforms, overhauled consumer protection frameworks, and strengthened the compliance function by enhancing data and analysis. A member of the Wells Fargo Management Committee and Chair of the Regulatory and Risk Management Committee, she worked closely with the CEO and other senior executives to develop business strategies that met goals for growth while complying with US and global regulatory requirements.
Prior to joining Wells Fargo in 2012, Yvette was Managing Director and Global Head of Operations at Barclays Capital and previously headed Citigroup’s Markets and Banking North American Anti-Money Laundering program.
Her influence and leadership within business and compliance realms have been recognized with notable awards. In 2016 and 2017 she was included in Black Enterprise’s Most Powerful Executives in Corporate America. In 2015, 2016 and 2017, she was recognized by American Banker on its “The 25 Women to Watch” list. In 2016, she was honored as one of the “Most Influential Women in Business” by the San Francisco Business Times. And in 2015, the San Francisco League of Women Voters named her one of the “Women Who Could be President.”
Yvette also holds or held leadership roles with several industry and nonprofit associations, including:
As a Board Director, she brings expertise in corporate governance, risk management, and regulatory compliance along with strengths in strategic planning and execution. Her successes in operational turnaround, enterprise framework restructuring, and global team management are valuable in helping organizations navigate risk, change, and growth.
Prior to joining Wells Fargo in 2012, Yvette held progressively challenging roles with Barclays Capital, culminating as Managing Director and Global Head of Operations Compliance, Financial Crime Risk Management. Previously she headed Citigroup’s Markets and Banking North American Anti-Money Laundering program and directed its Corporate Global Anti-Money Laundering monitoring, testing, and surveillance activities.
She began her career with the Federal Reserve Bank in New York and went on to hold supervisory and senior roles with the Federal Reserve System in Washington DC and in San Francisco.
Yvette holds an MBA, with a concentration in Financial Institutions and Markets, from Syracuse University. She earned a BS in Finance at SUNY Institute of Technology.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Golden Gate University;
- Member of the National Black MBA Association Advisory Council;
- Member of Executive Leadership Council, a preeminent organization for the development and support of leaders;
- Member of The Links, Incorporated, an international, nonprofit volunteer service organization committed to
- enriching and sustaining the cultural and economic survival of African Americans;
- Prior member of Board of Directors and Chair of Risk Management Committee of INROADS, a national nonprofit
- dedicated to helping diverse college students obtain internships within top corporations;
- Prior member of Board of Directors of the Museum of the African Diaspora, a San Francisco arts and cultural
- Prior member of Board of Directors of New York’s Gay Men’s Health Crisis, the world’s leading provider of HIV/AIDS
- prevention, care, and advocacy;
- Prior member of Federal Reserve Board of Governors Credit Union Supervisory Committee.